With 15 days to go until GOODNIGHT, ARK officially releases, I’ve been busy getting ready. Who knew there would be so much to do! Well, I guess veteran authors would know, but this is my first release day. Here are just a few of the things I’ve had on my to-do list:
1. Finalize my blog tour. Answer Q&A’s, write guest blog posts, confirm dates etc.
2. Order craft supplies for my launch event on August 5th. I found an AWESOME Noah’s ark sticker activity that the kids are going to LOVE while their parents stand in line to get their books signed.
3. Strategize how best to use the stunning bookmarks the Zonderkidz marketing team created to help promote the book. (Pictured above!)
4. Name the adorable skunk puppet I got to accompany me on book signings and school visits. My kid’s think “Stinky” suits him best. Thoughts?
5. Brainstorm and then write extension activities and crafts for teachers/parents to use after reading GOODNIGHT, ARK.
6. Set up a Skype account and then practicing using it so I’m ready to go on a virtual blog tour to classrooms everywhere this fall!
7. Bake cookies with my daughter so we can have pairs of animal cookies, wrapped in cellophane, to hand out to family and friends as part of the “book birthday” celebration. This task is 100% my daughter’s idea. Isn’t she sweet and artistic?
8. Promote my upcoming events with flyers and posters. (Thank you, Zonderkidz team, for making these a reality!)
9. Remember to BREATHE and ENJOY the process…