1. Finalize my blog tour. Answer Q&A’s, write guest blog posts, confirm dates etc.
2. Order craft supplies for my launch event on October 11th. Oriental Trading pulled through once again, this time with cute nativity stickers that the kids are going to LOVE transforming into cards while their parents stand in line to get their books signed.
3. Put together a little routine for the incredibly LOUD rooster puppet I selected to accompany me on book signings and school visits. (I am going to have such fun reminding him to be quiet at book events.)
4. Brainstorm and then write extension activities and crafts for teachers/parents to use after reading GOODNIGHT, MANGER.
5. Continue to line up school, library, and bookstore events for the fall and winter. If you would like me to visit your school, library or bookstore, please reach out to me via the contact tab above. I also do free 20-minute Skype visits.
6. Bake nativity-themed cookies with my daughter so we spread a little Christmas cheer with family and friends as part of the “book birthday” celebration. Like last year, this task is 100% my 10-year-old’s idea. Isn’t she a sweetie!
7. Strategize how best to use various GOODNIGHT, MANGER promotional materials including posters, book marks, coloring pages and a book trailer. (Thank you, Zonderkidz team, for making these a reality!)
8. Update my author bio info on various book-related websites.
9. Be intentional and diligent about preserving daily time to write new stories, poem, and picture books. (I have several in progress.)
10. Remember to BREATHE and ENJOY the process…
*** Don’t forget there’s still time to enter the GOODREADS GIVEAWAY to win ONE of FIVE copies of GOODNIGHT, MANGER! Giveaway ends October 6, 2015.