In celebration of fostering a love of reading in even the LITTLEST ones, here are 10 things to LOVE about BOARD BOOKS!
- Board books can be read in one sitting, but also enjoyed again and again.
- With stiff cardboard pages, board books are extra durable, perfect for the toddler age set.
- They can also be wiped down if they get spit up on, or licked, or chewed, or held with sticky fingers (all of which happened in our house when the kiddos were little).
- Board books can be read with your little ones on your lap, all cozy and snug.
- Board books foster good pre-reading and speaking skills because there’s so much to point to, name, predict etc.
- Like picture books, board books are a magical intertwining of text and image (though sometimes they have no text at all!)
- Board books are an engaging introduction to littlest ones to the joy of reading.
- Board books can be enjoyed and treasured by all ages.
- Board books make great baby shower gifts – especially paired with a cute stuffy or onesie.
- Smaller than a picture book, board books are the perfect size to stuff in your stroller, purse, or diaper bag so you can have story time on-the-go at the park, in the car, at the restaurant etc.
Did you know that I have four board books out with the fifth releasing in October? Request them at your library or order for yourself today. They include Goodnight Ark, Goodnight Manger, Love is Kind, Bunny Finds Easter and my newest Happy Birthday Christmas Child which releases in October and is available for pre-order now.
1 thought on “10 Things to LOVE about BOARD BOOKS!”
10 super ideas to love and enjoy board books with children. Thanks, Laura!