I would be delighted to visit your preschool, daycare, elementary school, community organization, church, MOPS or women’s group for a story time, author talk, workshop, or other creative program.
SCHOOL VISITS: For school/library visits, I can do any/all of the following (or something different that we work out together):
- Read the story of your choice, using puppets to help with the story telling.
- Celebrate the special ability of picture books to tell a story using both pictures and words! Demonstrate that neither is complete without the other.
- Take the children on the engaging journey a book takes from inspiration to publication (and get them excited about their own writing too!)
- Share interesting “artifacts” related to the book including early drafts and sketches, proofs, folded galleys and more.
- Participate in a Q&A session
AUTHOR TALKS: I love speaking with church groups, MOPS groups, community groups etc. Topics I’ve spoken on include (but are not limited to):
- The power of story to connect us with others in meaningful ways
- Behind the scenes: one author’s journey into books
- The Gift: an inspirational message and testimony plus tips for sparking meaningful faith conversations with our children
WRITING TALKS: I also love connecting with children’s book writers. My topics include:
- Writing in rhyme
- Making the most of the picture book format
- Using feedback to improve your craft
- Examining and employing different story structures in picture books
- Exploring the ins and outs of the submission process
- and more…
For information on fees and scheduling, or any other questions you might have, contact me.