The rules for the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD are simple. First, thank the person who nominated you. Second, write 7 things about yourself that no one knows. Third, nominate several creative bloggers for this award.
So, without further ado…
1. I keep a bag of dark chocolate chips in the freezer to nibble on while I write. However, since I only like chocolate at room temperature or warmer, I pour a few into my “writing bowl” and let them (and my writing) warm up first.
2. I’m a word-aholic. According to my family I tend to pick a favorite word and then use it often. Recently I’ve been saying “residue” a lot, as in “Honey, you forgot to rinse the ‘residue’ out of the percolator” or “What’s that ‘residue’ in the sink?” Past favorite words include linger and compote.
3. According to my eleven-year-old, it’s impossible to sit near me when I’m engrossed in writing a poem or rhyming story because I tap the table, or sofa, or floor as I write. Worse yet, I say the lines aloud as I write.
4. My favorite time of day is just before bed when I curl up with my kids for a little read-aloud time. Right now we’re reading Dan Gutman’s MRS. ROOPY IS LOOPY.
5. When I read aloud I use different voices for each character. My kids think it’s cool that I can remember whose voice is whose. If I get a voice wrong, they correct me.
6. My favorite picture book as a child was BLUEBERRIES FOR SAL by Robert McCloskey. Not only did I look like Sal, but the mother in the story looked like my mother. Best of all, like little Sal, I loved blueberries so much that I could never keep them in the bucket for long.
7. Ever since I was a little girl reading Highlights for Children, I have always read magazines back to front.
TERRIFIC WRITING BLOGS I wholeheartedly nominate for the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD: (Please check them out.)
Jody Jensen Shaffer’s blog: JUST KIDDING: On Writing for Children and Other Life Stuff – http://jodyjensenshaffer.blogspot.com/
Gayle C. Krause’s blog: THE STORYTELLER’S SCROLL: Thoughts and Musings of a Children’s Author – http://thestorytellersscroll.blogspot.com/
Iza Trapani’s blog: IN AND OUT OF MY STUDIO – http://izatrapani.com/wp/
Mirka Breen’s blog: MIRKA MUSE – http://mirkabreen.blogspot.com/
Ruth Schiffman’s blog: OUT ON A LIMB: Shy Writer Goes Social – http://outonalimbshywritergoessocial.blogspot.com/